Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

Does the early bird really catch the worm?

The early bird really does catch the worm and when travelling solo, you have no reason endure crowds unnecessarily: you are travelling on your own time, at your own pace. Fabulous! That being said, there have been many times in my travels when I have decided to lounge and savour the stillness of the mornings - although the birds can cause a real racket. Sometimes however, it is best to get out early to avoid the line-ups and crowds.


When I was in Nairobi I had heard about the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust . I had been told that it was something not to be missed and that the public are welcomed for only one hour a day so it was important to get there early. I had been told that the crowds would arrive about 30 minutes beforehand so I took a taxi to arrive in good time and had ample room to observe feeding and watering of the elephants.






No comments:

Post a Comment