Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Alone at breakfast?

Finding yourself alone at breakfast can be an intimidating experience. Mustering up the courage to go to the breakfast room of a hotel in a new city can seem daunting. I sometimes feel that I am not sure where I can sit without being conspicuous; perhaps feeling out of place with all those couples and families together.

This morning at the House Hotel Nisantasi I watched as a young American woman arrived off the elevator   -  this is what greets you - and she said to the waiter, "I'm alone. Where should I sit". He was terrific as he led her to a quiet table so she could watch the room.


It is very beautiful space isn't it? It feels like an intimate place and so can be difficult knowing where to sit. I always sit a corner so I can watch people. I absolutely love people watching I also bring my journal. I write everyday when I am travelling as once I am home, I sometimes forget the details of what I've seen, heard and smelled the day before.

It is great having breakfast alone. I can take as much time as I want as I've nobody else to hurry me along. It's also possible to listen in on others conversations, read body language and see how families interact - I'm really naughty about that! I also love to plan out my day while savouring the coffee.

Enjoy the quiet, peaceful time of day as you get ready to embark on the next adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment